Garden Route in Western Cape Province in the town of Mossel Bay on the Indian Ocean in a prime position where the waves rumble – overlooking Vlees Bay.
Eco Residential Estate managed as a Nature Reserve with low density homes. Direct access to beach via wooden boardwalk. Western boundary is the Blind River flowing through rocky ravines and forming a lagoon that opens into the sea. Ideal swimming experience. African Black Oyster Catcher’s – rare coastal bird -breeding ground is right here on the beach above high water mark. The characteristic of Moquini is the sloping highlands, dramatic rock formations, deep gorges and valleys covered with constantly blooming fynbos- unique in one of six floral kingdoms of the world.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY:
The Estate is fenced and an entrance security gate is manned 24 hours a day. Entrance and exit is strictly controlled.
HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION:
- HOA – democratically voted in at the annual general meeting and manages the Estate.
- Each property is registered in owner’s name
- Stands vary in size from 2500 m2 – 3600 m2 and are spread over 220 ha
- Footprint of homes are between 200m2 with a maximum of 400m2 (no fencing allowed)
- Different styles allowed
- Currently 29 houses are built. 40 stands remain to be developed
- Building guidelines
- Plantlist for gardens (endemic)
- Maintenance Manager looks after the estate
Magnificent climate, sparkling summers and mild winters.
George (National airport 50 km), Wilderness, Sedgefield, Knysna. To the west Boggomsbaai, Vleesbaai.
ON SITE FACILITIES:
- Wooden walk way to beach
- Bush Lapa
- Walking Trails: Protea (30 min) Fish Eagle (90 min) & Uitkyk (30 min) trails leads through fynbos
- Whale and dolphin watching from your home
- Beaches: Hartenbos, Diaz, Santos, De Bakke, The Point, Dana Bay..
- Amenities: Mossel Bay aerodrome, harbor, St Blaize Trail/Oyster Catcher Trail, Outeniqua Transport Museum George, Wilderness Segway Tours, Bartlomeu Dias Museum Complex, Cape St Blaize Lighthouse 1864 & Pinnacle Point Caves-Point of Human Origins, Whale and Dolphin watching, Seal Island
- Sport Facilities: Bowling Club, Tennis Club, Windsurfing, Yacht racing, angling, boating, deep-sea-fishing, shark diving…
- Golf Courses: Mossel Bay, Pinnacle Point, Fancourt, Oubaai…
- Eateries: A wide range of Top Restaurants
- Medical Facilities: Modern private hospitals 12-15 km, Doctor & Pharmacy 5 km
- Malls & Schools: 10 km
Myriad of reptiles, small game, birds (dogs are allowed, but no cats) and the magnificent Southern Right whales and dolphins.
LIFESTYLE TO DREAM OF!
Every owner has an undivided share in the total property of 220ha. Approximately 50% South Africans and 50% foreigners. All the stands have ocean and beach views
PROPERTIES FOR SALE:
All stands belong to private owners with a few stands/houses up for sale occasionally
ESTATE IS MANAGED BY STATUS MARK:
11 Meyer Street